- social welfare program in the U.S.; includes old-age and survivors insurance and some unemployment insurance and old-age assistance
- Social security is primarily a social insurance program providing social protection, or protection against socially recognized conditions, including poverty, old age, disability, unemployment and others.
- Social Security, in Australia, refers to a system of social welfare payments provided by Commonwealth Government of Australia. These payments are administered by a Government body named Centrelink. In Australia, most benefits are subject to a means test.
- Any government system that provides monetary assistance to people with an inadequate or no income
- (in the US) A federal insurance program that provides benefits to retired people and those who are unemployed or disabled
- the number is used in calling a particular telephone; “he has an unlisted number”
- Please enter all telephone numbers according to the International Telecommunications Standardisation Sector guidelines: +CC AA PPPP PPPP (Where C= Country code, A = Area code, and P = Phone number).
- other information that is commonly used to identify, locate and/or contact a person.
- A disadvantage or handicap, esp. one imposed or recognized by the law
- the condition of being unable to perform as a consequence of physical or mental unfitness; “reading disability”; “hearing impairment”
- Disability, according to the World Health Organization, is defined as “an umbrella term, covering impairments, activity limitations, and participation restrictions.
- A physical or mental condition that limits a person’s movements, senses, or activities
- (Disabilities (Jewish)) Disabilities were legal restrictions and limitations placed on Jews in the Middle Ages.
Disability Cacus Rehab Briefing 6-23-11
Jeanne Wilcox, PhD, professor of Speech and Hearing Science at Arizona State University, spoke about the importance of habiliation resources for children with developmental disabilities in a briefing on the importance of rehabilitation in America’s healthcare system.
Disability Capitol Action Day 2012
DCAD Disability Capitol Action Day 2012